Presence of mold in your house can be very harmful for you and your family. Whether it is in the kitchen, bathroom or basement, it could have harmful side effects. In addition to that mold can also have a significant impact on your health as it could lead to certain allergies, asthma, irritation around eyes, skin and throat.
Inhaling mold spores could lead to certain allergic reactions like cough, sneezing, redness in eyes and skin rashes. Specially if you are sensitive to mold you could experience greater health problems. Mold usually grows in unknown areas where moisture content is high. So in order to get rid of mold take appropriate actions to control the amount of moisture entering your house.
Below given are some measures to get rid of mold in your house :
Around the kitchen :
- Presence of mold in your house kitchen can be extremely harmful for your health. As the kitchen is the main place where most of the cooking takes place so it has to be clean. It is recommended to install exhaust fans in your kitchen as they allow the moisture to get out wherever you are performing any activity in the kitchen.
- Check for leaks in your kitchen and if you notice any immediately get it repaired because if you ignore them for a longer time it can worsen the issue.
- If you spot mold in your kitchen then the best solution is to call for a mold inspection company. They will conduct a thorough inspection to find other areas where there could be possible presence of mold and then plan for an effective treatment accordingly.
In the basement of your house :
- Make sure your basement is very well ventilated and have fans where necessary in order to cease the entry of moisture. Also, have your basement checked for any leakages and in case you find one immediately get it repaired. If the leaks are left untreated then the water can get into your home through walls or basement floor and cause further damages.
- Also, make sure that the gutters are properly working and water does not seep into the house. Take every possible measure to keep your basement dry so as to keep mold away.
- It is wise to give the matter in the hands of a reputed mold removal company whenever you spot a mold in your basement because they will have the appropriate treatment for the problem.
In bathrooms :
- Mold usually grows in areas where there is a lot of moisture and the bathroom is one of those areas which is prone to water. In order to get rid of moisture it is recommended to install an exhaust fan in your bathroom.
- Do check for leaks around basins and tubs and never ever ignore any leakages as they could cause further problems. Therefore, it is best to get the leakages repaired on time.
- Also, do not leave damp towels on the floor as they might also become a cause for certain issues. In addition to that do not worry in case you find mold in your bathroom. The best way is to call for a professional mold removal company and get rid of unnecessary mold.